Friday, November 23, 2007

It was still quite a distance to the Swiss border, too much for driving on country roads. So I headed for the autobahn. Thanks to riding a motorcycle I was able to pass two traffic jams fairly quickly. They must have been using gold to build the road, the trip from Rimini to the Swiss border, about 300 km cost me about 20 Euros in toll, more then what I spent on gasoline.
It was symptomatic, up to Milano the sky was blue and no sign of bad weather but then the closer I came to the Swiss border the more clouds showed up and when I crossed the border I even felt a few rain drops.
When I left the autobahn in Lugano I ran into a police control. That wasn’t good because I didn’t have an “Autobahnvignette”. I think they were looking for someone because they didn’t ask for it.
I spent the night on the camping La Piodella near Lugano.