
Early in the morning the ferry arrived in Brindisi. Immigration and Customs went all smooth. Although a little tired I was eager to ride again. On the way north an old “hippie” VW bus drove by on the fast lane. I noticed the license plate, they were Swiss and I felt I was getting closer to home. Obviously they felt the same way because the person in the passenger seat looked back and waved heavily at me. I drove a nice road north-west along the coast to the Gargano peninsula where I looked for a camping. I chose to stay in the nice Camping Centre Turistico San Nicola. I had two really nice German couples as neighbors. When they saw me they invited me to eat with them, it was the first time this happened to me on my trip. They made a fine salad and sausages on the grill and of course there was wine as well. It turned out to be a really nice and entertaining evening.
There was another premiere on this camping; for the first time on my trip I went swimming! Although I had visited countless beaches during my trip, I never really got around to taking a swim. Now I was almost home again so it was about time to dig out my bathing shorts. I used the next day to relax on the beach. In the evening the group from last night went to eat pizza together. This time the evening ended earlier after a grappa back by the tents because it started to rain a little bit.
<< Home