Friday, November 23, 2007

Finally I drove to my last destination in Turkey, to Izmir and Cesme. There I reached a point where I was a little sorry that I didn’t look for more information about Pamukkale upfront. I heard from several people that Pamukkale is near Izmir. I didn’t bather to ask where this place was exactly because I thought that once I got to Izmir I would ask for the necessary information. And so I did, but had to hear that it was not as near to Izmir as I thought it was. I wanted to take a ferry directly to Brindisi, Italy, but this ferry only left once a week. I had a decision to make either visit the place and then wait for the ferry for almost a week or let it go and take the ferry that was leaving shortly. I kind of was ready to get home again so I decided to skip it. A little hurtful it was though, because had I known the location just a day before, I could have adjusted my route to visit the place and taken the early ferry as well.
This way I had enough time to take a look at Cesme and surrounding. It was pretty windy and I found some nice spots to look out onto the deep blue colored sea. It also has a nice large beach, although it was a bit crowded on the weekend. At 10 o’clock at night I drove to the harbor where the ferry was waiting.