Friday, November 23, 2007

With my motorcycle running on new oil I drove south to the Levkas peninsula. In pouring rain I got to Lefkada. All the hotels were pretty expensive for me but it was raining so heavily that I didn’t want to go drive around to find something else. I stayed the night and then drove south on the island. The weather was still very clouded and sometimes it rained a little as well. On the way I passed the very impressive beach of Porto Katsiki. Seen on many postcards from Greece this beach is located away from anything. I don’t know if it’s because of its remote location or because it was not the best weather, but there were almost no people there which makes this beach even more outstanding. After a little pick nick on the beach I drove to Vassiliki, a place full of windsurfers, where I mounted my tent for the night.