Monday, July 23, 2007

As I was driving through the city there were people holding up papers letting me know they had rooms for rent. After a couple of failed negotiations I came to an agreement with someone. I put my stuff into the room, took a shower and then I walked down to the city where I bought a ticket to walk the big walls around the city. When I first saw these walls, I thought I was looking at the walls of a heavily fortified castle. Only later I realized that these walls go around the whole city. After finishing my circle I climbed down and took a stroll through the city itself. Unlike Venice, I found this a truly nice and impressive city that deserves its fame. Suddenly it started raining heavily so I just sat down in the next restaurant and ordered my dinner. The weather only gave me a short break to return dry to my room, and then it continued raining all night long.