Saturday, July 21, 2007

The next day I put down my tent, packed everything and headed towards Lago di Garda in Italy. I lost some time in Lugano because I didn’t find my way but at least I was able to enjoy the beautiful scenery of this city. I crossed the border and instantly noticed a change in driving behavior on the road. Nobody seemed to bother about the speed limits. So I adjusted to cover more ground. My route was Menaggio, Sondrio, Breno, Bagolino, Salo. In Bagolino I didn’t find the small road to Bagolino. I stopped and asked someone, they didn’t seem to know either, but just as I turned on the motor another Italian on his sport motorcycle stopped. He offered me to show me the way. That was very nice of him, but with my 9kw motor up the steep mountain road I almost felt sorry for him because he had to be very patient. When we reached an intersection he showed me the way and then headed down the other road. I continued up, and up and up, more then I thought was possible here and ended up on top of a full grown mountain pass. After a little break I drove down. I reached Lago di Garda late in the afternoon. It was a long way, but a very scenic one. I was very tired, I put up my tent in one camping, I don’t even know where that was.
The following day I still felt the many hours from the last day so I decided to make this segment a short one. I just drove around Lake Garda and looked for a comfortable camping to put up my tent.