Over Pereira and Manizales I continued to Medellin. There it was the same story, because of rain I pretty much dropped all my plans and only went to walk some famous street at night. Around Christmas time they close down that street and put up lots of Christmas lights.
I had another problem. Where to go next? I thought of flying to the Dominican Republic or going back for a visit to Switzerland. I choose to do the second one. After the visit to the first travel agency I thought I would have to change my plans because they told me that there is no space on any flight leaving Colombia before January. In the second agency they told me that they had space but it was incredibly expensive. So I went on to a third, where to my surprise they made me a very good offer, even for non Christmas time it would have been.
A funny thing I noticed while walking the streets was a huge lineup of people, from the end of the line I couldn’t even see where the line started, so I walked along the line, making circles around phones and other “obstacles”. Then it made a 90 degree angle and went into another street, so I walked there as well until I finally reached some kind of financial office or bank where people probably got their paychecks cached in. The line was over 2 blocks long and it was really funny to watch, probably much more fun then standing at the end of this line, knowing that you had a whole day of waiting ahead of you.


<< Home