In the morning I went to the bus station and found a bus to the border city of Tulcan right away. Unfortunately I didn’t find any international busses that would cross the border, so I would have to do so myself with taxies. It was a nice 5 or 6 hour ride with beautiful sights. Crossing the border was no problem at all, taking two taxies, one on each side. In Ipiales there was still time to take a bus to Pasto where I spent the night in Hotel Rey del Sur, which was a very good deal for Colombian standards, hotels and pretty much everything else here is more expensive as in Ecuador. The ride from Ipiales to Pasto is amazing, it’s a beautiful landscape and the road goes along a narrow and steep valley; just another route that would be perfect to do by bike. Unfortunately I don’t have any photos of this region because the windows of the bus were so dirty and dark. Sit on the right side of the bus to have the best view.
bittrail around the world
My story of working and traveling the world at the same time. (That’s how it all started anyways, now it’s just my travel blog)


<< Home