
My flight was from Cartagena in one week so I took another night bus (did I mention I hate night busses) to reach the place where almost 2 years ago I started this “vuelta”. I rented an apartment for the time. With a daytrip I catched up with two things I hadn’t seen the first time I was in Cartagena; Islas Rosario and Playa Blanca. It was a tour in a boat and in a lot of hurry. In the morning we went to a marine resort on one of the islands to see different animals and a show of dolphins. Although the reefs around the islands looked nice, I was a little bit disappointed of the islands itself, no dream beaches anywhere to be seen. Unhappy because there was no time for snorkeling on the islands we reached Playa Blanca. Fortunately there I was compensated, the beach is a real dream beach and there is even a small reef for snorkeling. Unfortunately many people step on the corals so I’m pretty sure it won’t last much longer. But I was still able to see many interesting fish. After a couple of hours we had to go back on the boat and head back to Cartagena.
On my way back I suddenly realized: Two years ago I started here leaving in one direction and after two year I found back from another. It was an amazing thought. Long ago I realized how big the world is and can’t really agree with people when they fly over the Atlantic in a few hours and because of that think that the world is small.
<< Home