Monday, July 23, 2007

The next day I drove to the western end of the island. I arrived exactly in time to take the next ferry to the mainland. This time it was a small ferry but now I remembered to place my motorcycle on its main stand. On the mainland I continued south-west along the coast. There was one especially nice point, up on a hill it seemed as looking down onto lakes, but as I heard from other people, it was saltwater. I decided to eat my lunch there, but exactly that moment it started raining pretty heavily. The other people disappeared in their campers and cars. I covered my bag with an extra cover, put on my jacket and helmet so I wouldn’t get wet and waited. Fortunately it stopped again in a few minutes and I was able to finish my lunch and take some pictures. Crossing the border to Bosnia and Herzegovina and then back again to Croatia went very smooth. In the late afternoon I arrived in Dubrovnik.