Monday, August 13, 2007

From Dubrovnik it’s not far to the border of Monte Negro. I had a little problem at the border because I didn’t have an international insurance form with me. I was able to buy a local insurance for 10 Euros and then I was permitted to pass. Shortly after the border I encountered something that looked like a Fjord to me, the Bay of Kotor. First I didn’t like it much because I had to drive all around it. But then I realized that it was actually a pretty nice place. I kind of understood the name Monte Negro a little better after the ride around this bay. On the way I stopped for a while in a place that seemed pretty popular with tourist. I don’t remember the name but there was a castle way up in the mountains that one could visit. It looked as if it was about to start raining any minute so I didn’t hike up there. I just ate two slices of pizza and then I moved on. On the way I found it interesting that there were so many police checking for speeding. Fortunately I was always within the speed limit. Passing Sveti Stepfan, a small typical fisher village I reached Bar where I spent the night.