Wednesday, December 21, 2005


Of course the missing stamp in my passport got me into trouble. I had to pay a fine when I left the country. I was really unhappy and told them that I didn’t have a chance to get the stamp since the bus didn’t stop, but of course they didn’t want to hear that. I just hope they start to implement some proper procedures on their borders and stop screwing systematically with tourists, because that’s what it feels like to me. As for me I think it was the first and last time they saw me.
Ok, I have to admit that “Terere” or “Mate” how it’s called in Argentina is not as unique to Paraguay as I thought. Although, as I understand it, it has its origin with the native people that used to live in the region of Paraguay, it’s about equally popular in Argentina and Uruguay, only that here they drink it with hot water.
I spent one night in Resistencia and Santa Fe. In Santa Fe there’s a nice bridge to se and I also liked the car free pedestrian zone in the center. I stayed in Hotel Galeon right next to the bus terminal. The bus to Buenos Aires was spectacular, the seats were huge and you had a lot of space to almost lie down, it felt and looked like a bus of very comfortable sofas. I wish I’ll catch one of those next time I have to do a 15 hour trip.
Posted by Picasa