
I didn’t plan to stay long in Belem, one of the rainiest cities in the world, but some urgent work and a nice hotel (Hotel Danubio) made me. I was already on my way to the buss terminal to buy a ticket to Sao Luis when I saw some hotels around the terminal. I checked them out and found one that was really nice. Since I had some urgent work pending I decided to stay there, so I ended up spending 3 weeks in Belem. The most impressive thing about Belem is the sunset over the Amazon River. Every evening (except when it is raining) you can witness spectacular sceneries over the river. The best place to see it is in the port. Part of it has been turned into a leisure area and tourist attraction with many restaurants and exhibitions. Manaus and Belem are also good starting points if you are interested in jungle tours.


<< Home