Wednesday, June 08, 2005


A difficult time lies behind me. I already had this paragraph written for Caracas, but then something terrible happened. My computer broke down. The hard disk completely crashed, I couldn’t access any of my data anymore. I had made regular backups but still I lost a few days of work and half of my pictures from Caracas. I had some long nights until I finally got the system running again. But that was not all. I noticed that somebody stole my “emergency money” out of my bag. It must have happened in one of the hotels, but I can’t say for sure in which one. Now I don’t feel like writing everything again, so I write just a few things.Caracas is near the coast but up in the mountains, 800m above see level. The climate is quite nice and the air feels relatively fresh for a city that size, thanks to the modern Metro. I Stayed in Hotel Villa d’Este, they have a monthly rate, which gives you a discount of about 70% compared to the price per night, so it was ideal for my purpose. Sending a package to Switzerland was an adventure and you should calculate enough time because you have to do all the work with the stamps yourself.
Posted by Hello