I moved on to visit a couple of cities south of Sao Paulo. I drove to Curitiba and then to Florianopolis. There are supposed to be some good beaches for surfing there, but unfortunately the weather stayed very mixed so the beach I visited on the half island that is located before the city was empty. I spent the night in the small village by the lagoon. On my way back to Curitiba I decided to take the bus to Blumenau, spend the night there and then continue on back to Curitiba, but when I got to the bus station in Blumenau I felt that I’ve seen enough of it and took the next bus to Curitiba.
Although I didn’t stay long in Curitiba it made a good impression on me. I don’t think there is much to see there besides the old train station that was turned into a shopping complex (a little bit like the old harbor in Belem), but it would have been excellent for me to stay a while and work. It’s certainly my favorite city in Brazil. I stayed in Hotel Lumini which is close to the bus station and of very good value. Ironically I don’t have any pictures of that city.


<< Home