Thursday, October 13, 2005


At the airport in Salvador da Bahia I got picked up by an old friend that I haven’t seen for many years. He was my sport teacher back in school in Switzerland, then he moved to Brazil and built a small Pousada, and that’s where I stayed the next couple of days. It’s located in a northern, upper class suburb of Salvador da Bahia, in Lauro de Freitas, Villas do Atlantico exactly. The Pousada, although located in an urban area feels just like out in nature because a lot of green area surrounds the 3 little condominiums and it has almost direct access to a beautiful beach. Many fruits grow in the garden and sometimes you even get visited by a family of small monkeys. So if you are looking for a natural, quiet and save place in Salvador then I recommend you stay there. You will like the personal attention you’ll receive.
For me it was a good time to recover completely and get my voice back. I made one day trips to the center of Salvador da Bahia and to Praja de Forte, where you can visit a project committed to saving the native turtle population. I also got invited to visit a local fashion show, which was interesting to experience and a welcome change.
Posted by Picasa