I had a lot of dirty laundry so the first thing I had to do was to wash some of my cloths. Then I took the map they gave me in the camping and walked toward the rocks. First it went very well, the path was good. But after I reached the highest point of the path, things started to get messy. The path slowly faded into pure wilderness. I walked through spider webs and through thorn bushes. According to the map there was still supposed to be a path like the one before, but there was nothing at all. I am sure I went the right way because from the top I could see where I was going. But worse to come, I had to climb down some pretty steep and slippery rocks and suddenly I realized that there was no way back up again, the only way was to continue on down the slope. So I went on and reached a point where the only way down was a pure vertical drop of about 1.5m. It wouldn’t have been such a problem if there were a good base to land but there wasn’t much, it just continued down. I sat down for a while to think what to do. I really didn’t think I could climb up there again and the houses I was heading for seemed already so close. I decided to take my chances and jumped. As I had feared I wasn’t able to keep myself in place after I landed and with too much momentum I stumbled down the slope, grasping for anything to hold on to. Fortunately I got hold of something and was able stop. I scratched my hand and arms while doing so but it could have ended much worse then this, I didn’t complain. I wasn’t down quite yet but the most difficult part was behind me. I followed a dried out stream downwards and while it leveled out the bushes started to get pretty thick. With some patience I finally managed to get out and reach the small town. I was relived I made it out without breaking or twisting an ankle or a leg. I had enough adventure for one day and returned to the camping.


<< Home