
Again there were only night busses leaving from Uyuni back to La Paz. I didn’t like that at all because I would have liked to see more of the Bolivian altiplano and I am sure it would have been a very nice trip. After coming back from the trip in the salar I still had time to pack my stuff and so I took the last seat available in a bus that would take me to La Paz. Arriving at the terminal I was happy to see it open and quite busy, which meant that more companies were operating again. The first thing I had to do was to get my cloths into the laundry and look for a camera. Here and in most cities in Latin America stores are usually grouped together, so if you are looking for a camera then you can search the whole city without finding much because all the stores that sell cameras or computers are concentrated on one street. There you find dozens of stores selling the same thing for the same price. I really never quite understood the logic of that but it just seems the way things are done here. After some walking I found out that here there are two streets and after some more walking I found the streets themselves and surely there seemed to bee hundreds of little stores selling electronic devices of all kinds. I really wasn’t very happy about buying a camera here, who knows where these cameras came from, some appeared to be stolen since they didn’t even come with their original package, others tried to sell me the exhibition exemplar itself which I didn’t like either. After a few hours of walking and checking I finally found a store that made a half way respectable impression on me and had the camera I wanted for a good price. I got the original package with all the stuff except the warranty. I can kind of guess why they kept the warranty and I probably wouldn’t have gotten it in any other store. I checked the camera and it seemed to work so I took my chances and bought the camera. My old camera was a Nikon Coolpix 2200 and I really, really liked that camera. Now I have the successor the 4600 and I hope I will be equally satisfied with it. My old camera just took so nice pictures; I really hope this one does too.


<< Home