
The next day I was heading for the park to see the glacier. Fortunately you don’t have to take a tour to visit the park. What’s so special about this park is that you get very close the glacier even without having to hike for 2 days or without taking expensive cruses. It’s almost a little like Cataratas, where you have wooden walkways and platforms that guide you to the interesting spots and let you enjoy them. It was a mostly clouded day but at times the sun came out and the ice took on en even deeper shining blue and made constant sounds as if somebody was cutting down trees. Since I had a whole day and the wooden walkways are not going very far, I decided to walk a little downhill, not exactly knowing where to go, but on my way down I saw some small paths and although there were signs that said that you shouldn’t go on without prior consultation with a park ranger, I went anyway. I am glad I didn’t let the signs scare me off because I reached some nice spots, close to the ice where nobody else was in sight. There you can really enjoy the view without hundreds of tourists rushing by.


<< Home