
I continued my way south to Bahia Blanca where I stayed one night and was looking for a castle that didn’t exist since it was just a street name, then to Puerto Madryn which is the starting point to excursions to the Peninsula Valdes. Since I already saw my sea lions in Mar del Plata I didn’t go, I stayed in a nice place, Residencial El Dorado. Then the other day another bus down to Comodoro Rivadavia where I arrived in the evening. This was strange since it had only few hotels and all were full, so I had no choice to get on another bus down to Rio Gallegos and spend the night in the bus. The only nice thing was that I saw an incredible sunset and sunrise, it was like the whole sky was on flames. I wasn’t in Tierra de Fuego (Fire land) yet but I thought that must be the reason for this strange name, because it looked as if there in the distance the earth was on fire. I learned later that there is another reason for that name. I arrived in Rio Gallegos in the morning. All the seats to Ushuaia were taken for that day, but that was ok for me since I’ve been on the road for 24 hours, so I went to look for a place to sleep. Since there weren’t any cheap hotels I went to a hostel again. I slept a little and then it was mostly waiting for the next day, pretty boring. It was getting colder and colder the further south I got and I didn’t fell like spending a lot of time outside. Since Buenos Aires I spent about 40 to 50 hours in buses, it’s a lot more distance then I thought and it wasn’t very interesting since all you see is Pampa, flat grass and bush land. I was hoping for a change in Tierra del Fuego.


<< Home