Friday, January 13, 2006


I have to admit that the area around Bariloche is one of the nicest I have encountered yet (I can only speak for the summer, I don’t know how it is in winter time), not so much the town, as the park surrounding it called Nahuel Huapi, with many lakes and mountains. The colors of the lakes and the plants were very strong and I just felt the need to explore this region by bike. First I wanted to do the trip I already made by bus, from El Bolson to Bariloche, but then I thought I better do something I have not seen yet. There is the well known route of “7 lagos”, from San Martin de los Andes to Bariloche, about 200 km. You can take tours that do this route but for me it was clear that I had to do it by bike. Since I have basically not touched a bike for about 2 years I decided to make a smaller tour first, to see how far I can get in one day. I choose to do the “circuito corto” which is about 70 km and leads from Bariloche to a little peninsula with a park called “Llao Llao”. This park is amazing; I have not seen anything like it. You have crystal clear lakes with deep blue and emerald water, colorful flowers, deep green trees and the snowy mountains in the background. That’s the one place you can not miss when you are in the area. The street that leads to the park wasn’t very nice to ride by bike since there was a lot of traffic and argentines don’t seem to like bikers very much, they honk and shout at you if you don’t make room and they have to slow down a bit. The bike wasn’t very comfortable and the next day when I wanted to go on my 3 day trip my but hurt so bad that I had to postpone it for 2 days until I recovered.
Posted by Picasa